Staten Island Libertarian Party - Returning from our Hiatus

Richard Bier

Jan 10, 2013, 3:52:52 PM1/10/13
to Richard Bier
First, Happy New Year to my fellow Staten Island LIbertarians.

Since we have not met for awhile, I am proposing that we schedule a
meeting for Tuesday, January 22nd. I want us to discuss some upcoming
issues. The NYC Libertarian Convention is coming up (in Queens) and
we will be nominating candidates including for the Mayoral election.
Conventions tend to be a lot of fun and I recommend everyone try to
go. We can form car pools to get to Queens. Locally, we have to
fill to offices; Staten Island Borough President and the Mid-Island
City Council seat (Oddo). I know at least one person was interested
in running for that position.

At the January meeting we will pick a date in February for our Staten
Island Convention, where we will official elect the SI candidates
should we have any and also elect new officers It would be great if
we can have some new people step forward on this. I also want to
address some of our bylaws including the number of officers and the
positions as that has changed from time to time and we need to settle
that issue.

I tried to reach as many of you that I can remember and had your
email. I know I am missing some people like Skylar, and Tina, and the
majority of the Ron Paul crowd. So if someone can forward this to
them, it would be appreciated.

Also, if you know of any Staten Island Libertarians, that might not be
aware of us, please try to reach out to them. A bigger group will
enable us to do so many more things including have guest speakers at
meetings, and having more options with meeting venues.

It would also be great if everyone can introduce ourselves as we have
a few new people on the email and let me know about whether you can
attend the meeting. We generally try to start meetings around 7:30 or
8. Also, let us now if you prefer something closer to Ferry or more
Mid-Island. We try to accomodate both Manhattan commuters as well as
trying to pick a place not too far for everyone to get to.

IN LIBERTY,
Rich Bier
Vice Chair

Richard Bier

Jan 16, 2013, 10:11:14 AM1/16/13
to Richard Bier
Just to follow up; we will meet Jan 22nd at Karl's Klipper across the street from the SI Ferry.  That was the consensus of those who replied. The business meeting with start no later then 8 pm (for some that work late) but I encourage everyone to get to the meeting earlier to hang out.  I will try to be there by 7 pm.  The NYC Convention is going to be in Long Island City (one stop on the 7 train outside Manhattan on April 9th.  We will be choosing candidates for Mayor, and a couple other positions.

E S

Jan 17, 2013, 3:39:32 AM1/17/13
to stateni...@googlegroups.com
great, see you there