Thank You for Helping me out

Richard Bier

Jul 27, 2012, 11:45:13 AM7/27/12
to b...@manhattanbp.org
Dear Honorable Stringer:

I just wanted to thank you for providing me such vital information on
drinking too much soda. A lot of people complain about politicians
and bureaucrats wasting our tax dollars and not providing effective
leadership, but I feel you are proving them wrong.

I always thought that "soda" was a health food drink. I don't know
why I am so stupid, but I have been drinking 50 ounce soda's everyday,
sometimes 3 or 4 times a day hoping it will help me lose weight and
add years to my life. But recently, because of the Mayor, the
Department of Health and other politicians like yourself, (who are all
very very very smart) you have informed me that soda is not good, but
bad for me. Moreover, drinking huge amounts of a sugar filled drinks,
will make he heavier not lighter.

Wow, this is such a huge eye opener for me. Thank you, Thank you.
Politicians are so right, they are the smart one and they need to be
making decisions for me. .

I also recommend one more thing, I think you need to reguire that two
meals should consist of steamed vegetables. If we really want to get
serious about obesity, why just limit the size of soda? You said it
yourself, you can just order another soda. Instead, we need to
"really impact" people health. McDonalds, and other restaurants, need
to only have steamed vegetables on the menu. Can you imagine that in
one year we can rid our great City of the obesity problems just by
doing this one thing.

Now I know you will do your own research on my suggestion, as I am
just a lowly resident, but I hope you push the DOH and the Mayor to
start the "Steamed Vegetable" life style.

Thanks,
One Grateful Citizen

Dave Narby

Jul 29, 2012, 12:17:39 AM7/29/12