ANNOUNCEMENT: USPTO SM 3936386 Status Update

webmaster

Dec 5, 2022, 8:00:32 PM12/5/22
to boa...@googlegroups.com, disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com, usgenw...@googlegroups.com, usgenweb...@googlegroups.com, usgen...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com
*** ANNOUNCEMENT: FORWARD TO ALL USGENWEB PROJECT LISTS ***

- On 23 Nov 2022, I received a response from USPTO concerning our Petition to Director for reconsideration of the registration of our word mark USGENWEB. The response contained instructions to file a Response to Petition Deficiency Inquiry document within 30 days with a non-refundable fee of $100. I filed the document and fee on the same day and verified it was posted.  The fee was very quickly collected and paid for by donations from Advisory Board members

- On 2 Dec 2022, I received a decision response for the Petition to Director: "The petition is granted. The USPTO will reinstate on petition the above-identified registration. The registration will then be forwarded to the Post Registration Division to review the response submitted with the petition." The response did not indicate how long this next phase will take or when the official status will be changed.

I sincerely hope we are close to the finish line!
-----------------------------------
Serial Number: 77908096
Registration Number: 3936386
https://www.uspto.gov/

Timeline of Events
3/29/2021: Renewal submitted with a non-refundable fee of $525
6/24/2021: USPTO posted a notice requesting a new specimen within 6 months (not received)
12/17/2021: SM ownership changed to Linda L.
12/24/2021: Deadline to provide a new specimen to USPTO (missed)
12/28/2021: Notice of cancellation sent by USPTO and received by Linda L.
1/2-2/11/2022: AB investigation
2/14-2/25/2022: Review of Petition to Director document requirements and collection of AB donations to pay the filing fee
2/26/2022: Petition submitted with a non-refundable fee of $250
2/26/2022: Petition to Director and specimen received and posted
2/28/2022: Deadline to file Petition to Director for reconsideration (met)
11/23/2022: USPTO response to Petition to Director received by Linda L.
11/23/2022: Response to Petition Deficiency Inquiry document submitted with a non-refundable fee of $100 and posted (deadline met)
12/2/2022: USPTO response Petition to Director Granted. Pending official status change and Post Registration Division review.

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb℠ Project
Free Genealogy for over 25 Years