2nd Call: Annual State Leaders Roll Call - PLEASE RESPOND

webmaster

Oct 2, 2022, 7:56:20 PM10/2/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
DON'T HIT REPLY!  DON'T POST YOUR PERSONAL INFO ON THIS LIST!

I still need to hear from 31 leaders for 37 SC/ASC roles. Please don't force me to send 37 emails to collect this info. I work long hours and logging your contact info in my spare time is a lot of work. Please help!

This is required for ALL SCs and ASCs even if you sent me your info last year and you believe nothing has changed. The contact info is only for true emergencies and is not shared with anyone, including other AB members.

September is the start of a new term and time for the annual roll call for state leaders, per our Bylaws and Standard Procedures. This is also a very good time to review your official State Project membership through our Oversight website.   http://usgenweb.org/usgwelections/registration/regGuide.html

Please reply to me personally at webm...@cottonhills.com with the applicable information below.

State(s) and Role(s):

Is your state listed correctly on https://www.usgenweb.org/about/statecoordinators.html?
If not, please provide corrections:

Name:
Email address:
Secondary email address:
Cell phone:
Landline:
Postal mailing address:
Emergency Contact Name:
Emergency Contact Email:
Emergency Contact Phone:

Your information will be kept private.

Thank you for your prompt response,
Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb℠ Project
Free Genealogy for over 25 Years

Denise Wells

Oct 3, 2022, 9:16:18 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
DONE for me

Denise

Denise Wells
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

Ron Dailey, NCGenWeb Project State Coordinator

Oct 3, 2022, 9:47:54 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com, RonDaile...@ncobx.net
North Carolina State Coordinator - Ron Dailey,

Maryland Assistant State Coordinator - Ron Dailey,

- Ron Dailey

marshab...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2022, 9:49:44 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com

Marsha Bryant – Louisiana SC

Ron Dailey, NCGenWeb Project State Coordinator

Oct 3, 2022, 11:22:08 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com, RonDaile...@ncobx.net
Maryland Assistant State Coordinator:

Name:  Ron Dailey
Email address:  RonDaile...@ncobx.net
Secondary email address:
Cell phone:  (352) 871-8863
Landline:
Postal mailing address:  7316 Mahaffey Drive Apt B,
New Port Richey, FL  34653-1254
Emergency Contact Name:
Emergency Contact Email:
Emergency Contact Phone:
- Ron Dailey

Oct 3, 2022, 11:30:28 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Jeff Kemp
Mississippi SC
Alabama SC
Kentucky SC
Virginia SC
South Carolina SC
West Virginia SC

Linda Ziemann

Oct 3, 2022, 11:43:01 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Linda Ziemann
IAGenWeb ASC
NEGenWeb ASC
SDGenWeb ASC

Betsy Mills

Oct 3, 2022, 11:51:10 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
The problem is, I don't have a clue if I have replied or not.  Maybe it wouldn't hurt to list the offenders.  If I'm one of them.  NOTHING has changed since last year, so I'm not sure why you aren't using last year's spreadsheet and just updating it with changes.

Betsy

Betsy Mills

Oct 3, 2022, 11:52:50 AM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Or maybe I should have done what everyone else is doing, which is NOT what you asked for:
SC for Arkansas
Betsy Mills

David Gochenour

Oct 3, 2022, 12:07:42 PM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Mine are in my signature.

--
David Gochenour SC Nebraska  CC Cass County Nebraska CC Arthur County Nebraska CC Middlesex County NJ CC Esmerelda County Nevada CC Lake And Indian River Florida

webmaster

Oct 3, 2022, 7:17:31 PM10/3/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
You did not send your info yet. I do update last year's spreadsheet when I receive the info. You'd be surprised how many say nothing changed, and yet an emergency contact or email has changed, or I find a typo, so it's really important to verify everything yearly.

I will be posting the names when I'm down to a much smaller number than 31.

Thanks!

Denise Wells

Oct 4, 2022, 8:39:23 AM10/4/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to stay out of national business; but come on people. If you have been a state or assistant state coordinator at any time while I was the NC, you know what is required, and I can sympathize with Linda.  She specifically told everyone what is required.  READ IT! DO NOT SEND YOUR INFORMATION BACK TO THE LIST. SEND DIRECTLY TO HER.  How hard is it to copy and paste the list of what is required, paste that into a new email addressed to Linda's email address, and then add your information into that email? This is the same procedure EVERY SINGLE TERM.  It took me 3-4 minutes, if that long to prepare and send my information.  This is exactly how we make it difficult to be the National Coordinator.  From my recollection, the only other person to go through difficult terms was Sherri Bradley, and neither I nor Linda have had those issues to deal with.  But none responsive state and assistant state coordinators is absolutely ridiculous, if you want to know the truth. READ THE DIRECTIONS! If you don't want to handle your responsibilities, why are you here anyway? Things have not changed.

Okay, done with my rant for today.  I feel much better.  Now back to my other dilemmas to manage for today.

Denise Wells
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

Bill Walsh

Oct 4, 2022, 9:27:52 AM10/4/22
to state...@googlegroups.com

 Denise is right. It is no big deal and we have all known the system. Every year the NC is REQUIRED to update the information. It doesn't impact your day for more that just a few minute. It's not like having to write your entire life history.

Name: William, Bill, Hey You [ and some expletives I won't write here ] Walsh There is another that I recently acquired, "Boss". Got that one when I took over manager of a Dollar General store. 75 years and I never had that name before. Almost a year now. Store is doing better than it has in years with my new team.

Email [ originally that was e-mail ] Address: bi...@kctu.com

Secondary Email Address: Don't have one. Well, maybe there is an old Gmail or Yahoo account somewhere that I haven't used in YEARS.

Cell Phone: 405-436-9100

Land Line: Technically we don't have one. We have what is called a "Wireless Land Line" [ WLL ]. It's a cell phone that you plug a standard telephone into. Ours [ all three ] is plugged into a business phone system we have. Lots of extension phones everywhere and multiple lines. IF for some reason you have a need for multiple phone lines it's pretty cool but does require "some" wiring around the house. Primary line is : 405-260-0192 If your in the Wichita, Kansas, area we have a direct line 316-749-0192 [ Tracie is Programming Vice President of our TV station ] Toll FREE. People in Wichita that call her for whatever reason think she is in Wichita when she is here in Oklahoma. That's another cool thing about the WLL's. You can get a phone number from wherever.

Postal mailing address: 12100 Country Home Drive, Guthrie, OK 73044

Emergency Contact Name: My lovely partner, spouse, lover and keeper - Tracie Walsh

Emergency Contact Email: tra...@kctu.com

Emergency Contact Phone: Best to use her cell phone - 405-760-6613

I KNOW that the sending directly to the NC is for privacy reasons. But, I have always replied through the list. As "genealogists" we all know how easy it is to get modern information [ it's the older stuff that kills us ]. Besides, I don't care if EVERYBODY has my information. maybe someday someone will be passing through and we can meet up for an iced tea or something. Hash over our genealogical "war stories" or whatever.

OK, that did take me a short time. Possibly twenty minutes BUT I rambled on and on. WAY more information than required/wanted.But I still haven't finished my "cuppa". Time for a refill.

--
 "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and cartridge. Please use in that order."

Dale H. Cook

Oct 4, 2022, 9:39:18 AM10/4/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
On 10/4/2022 8:39 AM, Denise Wells wrote:

> She specifically told everyone what is required.

She began by polling the AB members, and we all responded correctly. AB
members are not superpeople, we are just ordinary SCs and CCs. If we can
respond correctly so can you.
--
Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS, AGS, MA Soc. of Mayflower Descendants;
Massachusetts State Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project;

Dale H. Cook

Oct 4, 2022, 9:42:30 AM10/4/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
On 10/4/2022 9:27 AM, Bill Walsh wrote:

>  Denise is right. It is no big deal and we have all known the system.
> Every year the NC is REQUIRED to update the information. It doesn't
> impact your day for more that just a few minute. It's not like having to
> write your entire life history.

Bill -

What you apparently missed is that Linda asked everyone to send the info
to her >>>off list<<<. You have just posted private information to a
semi-private mailing list - not what she asked for.

Bill Walsh

Oct 8, 2022, 6:12:37 AM10/8/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
On 10/4/22 08:42, Dale H. Cook wrote:
> On 10/4/2022 9:27 AM, Bill Walsh wrote:
>
>>   Denise is right. It is no big deal and we have all known the
>> system. Every year the NC is REQUIRED to update the information. It
>> doesn't impact your day for more that just a few minute. It's not
>> like having to write your entire life history.
>
> Bill -
>
> What you apparently missed is that Linda asked everyone to send the
> info to her >>>off list<<<. You have just posted private information
> to a semi-private mailing list - not what she asked for.

AND, I also explained why I did it, and have done every time on purpose.
I didn't "miss" anything.

In this modern day there is nothing "private" about the information I
posted. Google will find most of that and much more in just a few
seconds. Name, address, phone number, and email address is not like my
medical information or banking information.

Besides, IF someone happens to be passing by it might be nice to meet
someplace and have a cup of coffee, iced tea, or possibly some other
libation.