Fwd: [TXGenWeb Official] County of the Year

State Coordinator TXGenWeb

Jan 26, 2021, 7:00:29 AM1/26/21
to State-Coord@Google

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carol Gibbs <carol...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TXGenWeb Official] County of the Year
To: State Coordinator TXGenWeb <txgen...@gmail.com>, Google <txgenweb-...@googlegroups.com>

Thanks so much for being chosen as COY for Jackson County and HOF runner up for Matagorda County.

They are both labors of love to preserve the memories of the residents of those counties.

I was amazed when I opened the email this afternoon and found the message.

As has been said so often, the TXGenWeb is the best. I'm reminded of that every time I search outside of the state.

I appreciate everyone who has any role in making the TXGenWeb what it is.

Keep up the good work!

Carol Sue Gibbs

On Monday, January 25, 2021, 07:59:05 AM CST, State Coordinator TXGenWeb <txgen...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's my honor to be chosen to announce the winners of our County of the Year Awards. Laura will be awarding the graphic medals a little later today.

County of the Year is awarded to Carol Sue Gibbs for Jackson County!

Hall of Fame County of the Year is awarded to Elaine Nall Bay for Grayson County!

Runners-up are
COY - Dallas, Dimmitt and Sutton,
HOF - Matagorda and Panola with a three-way tie between Lamar, Houston and Grimes for third.

County of the Year is chosen from the winners of the previous year's County of the Month and it's a difficult job indeed when choosing from 12 of the top counties in TXGenWeb. Twenty-four people voted in this category.

Hall of Fame County of the Year is chosen from all the counties in the Hall of Fame (47 for 2020). This can be  even more challenging because our HOF counties are the best of the best! Twenty-six people voted in this category.

Note: Jackson won COM for the third time in March so was in both categories.

--
Gina Heffernan,
State Coordinator, TXGenWeb

The TXGenWeb Official Mail List is for outgoing announcements only.

If you wish to discuss Project matters with other coordinators, please do that on the TX-Coordinators mailing list. If you are not a member of that group, contact the State Coordinator with the email address to subscribe.

To post messages to TX-Coordinators, send it as an email to:
tx-coor...@googlegroups.com

Thank you.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TXGenWeb Official Mail List" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/txgenweb-mail-list/CAOQK_H0pGLhyn9%3Dheb3y8Kt0k9BJj4SxWcwxcrS-5%2BZ2vhADeg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Gina

Denise Wells

Jan 26, 2021, 1:18:23 PM1/26/21
to State-Coord@Google
Congratulations to Carol and Elaine!

Denise Wells
AB Representative at Large
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "State Coordinators" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/state-coord/CAOQK_H27R7B1UAqFJ7XLbk8KhuX_P6B8WbZ-7H21_NtnDYAPOA%40mail.gmail.com.