Link Checker

1 view

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

Dec 22, 2021, 4:50:39 PM12/22/21
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
I just ran a Xenu on one of my counties and got over sixty Code 429 errors. Haven't normally had Xenu problems. Has anyone else? Or, should I go to another link checker? Or was this a burp?
Mike Peterson
ASC North Dakota

Timothy Stowell

Dec 22, 2021, 6:52:31 PM12/22/21
to State-Coord@Google
When I get a slew of things like that, I just select retry broken links which usually fixes such errors.

Tim S.

Mary Schwanke

Dec 22, 2021, 7:16:34 PM12/22/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Per Mozilla
"The HTTP 429 Too Many Requests response status code indicates the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time ("rate limiting").

Retry-After header might be included to this response indicating how long to wait before making a new request."

MaryAlice

Bob Jenkins

Dec 22, 2021, 7:30:52 PM12/22/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Yes I usually get that code when too many familysearch calls for an hour were made.   Usually have to wait 1 hr  and then that clears the counter.

--
Thanks
Bob Jenkins