I Have to Lessen My Workload

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

May 25, 2022, 8:41:57 PM5/25/22
to Debra Crosby, Joy Fisher, Rebecca Maloney, Norma Hass, Timothy Stowell, 09-Karen De Groote, 22-NDGenWeb State Coordinator, webmaster, 22-USGW State Coordinators
Although I am very fortunate and feel blessed,  in the past year I've felt my age of 81 showing up in a variety of ways. I thank my God daily that I  do not have a serious illness yet it is obvious that smaller issues here and there are taking their toll.

After much thought, and I still have some more thinking to do on a couple of my positions, I've decided to reduce my workload. I presently hold two positions, ND ASC, and AB. In addition, I am trying to maintain currency on 20 websites, 12 of which are in USGW/Archives.

As of now, I  am tendering my resignation from ND Archives, ND Maps, MN Maps, ND Tombstones, AKGenWeb Matunska - Susitna Borough, and MNGenWeb Clay County. I am not abandoning. I will do everything in my power to ensure a smooth turnover.

I am still not sure yet about resigning from ND ASC or rerunning for the AB but time is approaching fast on at least one of them for me to decide.

I am sorry for the problems this may cause but it has been a heavy thought on my mind for some time. There is no question in my mind how much I really love USGenWeb and what it does and how much I thoroughly enjoy the many relationships I've had with some really great people.

I am placing this on the SC Mailing Group in case there might be interest by someone for those websites I am leaving.
With all respect and sincerity,
Mike Peterson

Rebecca Maloney

May 25, 2022, 9:01:54 PM5/25/22
to state...@googlegroups.com, Debra Crosby, Joy Fisher, Rebecca Maloney, Norma Hass, Timothy Stowell, 09-Karen De Groote, 22-NDGenWeb State Coordinator, webmaster
Mike,
Your work and help as a teammate has been invaluable to me.  I do understand the need to lessen the workload.
I am here to help you in any way, anytime you need!

Bless you,

Rebecca Maloney
Volunteer with USGenWeb

Nancy_Janyszeski

May 25, 2022, 9:09:58 PM5/25/22
to Debra Crosby, Joy Fisher, Rebecca Maloney, Norma Hass, Timothy Stowell, 09-Karen De Groote, 22-NDGenWeb State Coordinator, state...@googlegroups.com, webmaster
Mike, I totally understand and empathize.  I have to say, I really appreciate your input on the Exec board.

Bob Jenkins

May 25, 2022, 10:06:30 PM5/25/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

Good for you.  I understand the need to cut back.  I really enjoyed working with you and I learned
a lot from you while on the AB with you.   Your contributions to the USGenWeb are invaluable.

Enjoy
Bob Jenkins

Thanks
Bob Jenkins

Martha A C Graham

May 25, 2022, 11:01:09 PM5/25/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Good Evening Mike,
Does this mean I cannot 'pick your brain' anymore?
Cut Backs are a necessary evil, but your long and generous sharing of expertise is very much appreciated.

Martha

hisiamone

May 26, 2022, 7:29:13 AM5/26/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Understand about cutting back and really glad that you’re doing what is right for you. Thank you for teaching me so much about USGENWEB and it’s inner functions.
Doreen

Sent from my iPhone

Denise Wells

May 26, 2022, 7:57:27 AM5/26/22
to State-Coord@Google
Good morning Mike:

I understand what you are doing for yourself. I've had to do that in the recent past myself. There does come a time when you have to push yourself forward to make decisions that are best for you. I'm still doing that myself. I wish you all the best in all you do and all you choose for you and your family. Sincerely,

Denise Wells
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

May 26, 2022, 4:56:18 PM5/26/22
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
Thanks Rebecca. Appreciate the offer.
Mike.

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

May 26, 2022, 4:57:48 PM5/26/22
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
Thanks Nancy. We've got a good bunch don't we.
Mike

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

May 26, 2022, 4:59:45 PM5/26/22
to 22-USGW State Coordinators, Debra Crosby, Joy Fisher, Rebecca Maloney, Norma Hass, Timothy Stowell, 09-Karen De Groote, 22-NDGenWeb State Coordinator, webmaster

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

May 26, 2022, 5:03:07 PM5/26/22
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
Thanks Bob. Great working with you also. Miss you on the Board.
Mike

webmaster

May 26, 2022, 8:07:27 PM5/26/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

I get it and know it's a hard decision. Thank you for everything you have done for USGenWeb over the years, from caring for many sites and helping many members, visitors, AB members, and NCs!

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb℠ Project
Free Genealogy for 25 Years