KompoZer – WYSIWYG HTML Editor

Randy C

Dec 26, 2022, 1:50:25 PM12/26/22
to disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

While looking at https://usgenweb.org/tutorials/tips.html I saw a
link to KompoZer:

"a complete web authoring system that combines web file management
and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing capability to help users
start a website"

The idea of "web file management" sounds good to me.

It is older but I am staying on Windows7 anyway.

Is anybody using this software on their sites? Or does anyone have an
opinion on it?

--
Randy C
GenWeb Volunteer

Martha A C Graham

Dec 26, 2022, 2:20:22 PM12/26/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning Randy,
I use a combination of Expression Web and KompoZer. Both are very similar programs with the exception that KompoZer does not generate dwt files.

I find KompoZer especially helpful when EW gives me fits about fonts and their sizes.
May I ask why you still use Win 7?
Martha

cindy...@aol.com

Dec 26, 2022, 6:26:27 PM12/26/22
to disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randy,

I am a Kompozer fan.  I've been using it for 12 years.  It's an old software program and it's no longer supported but it does everything I need it to do to maintain six IAGenWeb sites and one PAGenWeb site.

No bells and whistles but the basic functionality works just great for me.

It's also a program that I suggest that our new coordinators use to start out with if they don't have much html experience.

Cindy Booth Maher
IPSC IAGenWeb

Randy C

Dec 28, 2022, 12:46:12 PM12/28/22
to State Coordinators
Thank you for the help, it sure looks like Komposer is still viable! I wasn't sure. I am going to give it a try, it does look simple and not flashy! just my speed

Martha, about Windows 7, I guess I don't like change, I am better with change than my wife, but if it ain't broke. . . .? At the small town Museum/Archives that I volunteer at, we still have some windows XP desktops going, we use them for data-entry and digitizing, the XPs just gave up on the internet a few months ago. The expensive older museum curating software we use isn't even supported on windows 7 but, 2 years ago we bought  two refurbished Dell win7 desktops and its working great, they are much faster than the old XPs they replaced, but that is the hardware not Windows.

I hope that doesn't sound like a rant,  I don't have strong feelings about it, I just use what works.

Thanks again
Randy