Free Web Space

Gina Heffernan

Sep 15, 2022, 2:24:30 AM9/15/22
to State-Coord@Google
I just posted this on the TX list. I haven't tried it but it sounds like it would be good for someone who only has one county.

InfinityFree, sounds amazing with 5GB of space and unlimited bandwidth.

Gina Heffernan,
State Coordinator, TXGenWeb

Martha A C Graham

Sep 15, 2022, 11:11:01 AM9/15/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning,
Over the years I have used 'InfinityFree'. It is a decent service, but there are a couple of things to consider.
If the Web Site sits stagnant for 3 months, they will cut you off, mostly without warning. Also if you do a 'bulk' upload, the system
will lock you out.
So, be careful.
Martha
ASC, ORGenWeb & AKGenWeb

Mary Schwanke

Sep 15, 2022, 3:11:22 PM9/15/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
I recently tested this service too, it was less than 3 months of no activity, and received a warning a day or 2 before they cut it off.  If the site isn't visited often, or not attended to by the admin often, this would not be a good choice.

MaryAlice

Gina Heffernan

Sep 15, 2022, 9:57:47 PM9/15/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Wow, thanks Mary Alice, the advertising I read didn't mention this at all.