Crazy - Re: I Have to Lessen My Workload

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

May 31, 2022, 11:08:14 AM5/31/22
to Debra Crosby, Joy Fisher, Rebecca Maloney, Norma Hass, Timothy Stowell, 09-Karen De Groote, 22-NDGenWeb State Coordinator, webmaster, 22-USGW State Coordinators
Two days after writing the below note I was in the hospital with Influenza Type A (I had my shots) which turned into pneumonia, There for two days, back home, and rushed back again yesterday. Back home for treatment and plenty of rest and more confinement. Crazy. Stay well, everyone.
Mike

On 5/25/2022 5:41:53 PM, Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson <line...@cox.net> wrote:

Although I am very fortunate and feel blessed,  in the past year I've felt my age of 81 showing up in a variety of ways. I thank my God daily that I  do not have a serious illness yet it is obvious that smaller issues here and there are taking their toll.

After much thought, and I still have some more thinking to do on a couple of my positions, I've decided to reduce my workload. I presently hold two positions, ND ASC, and AB. In addition, I am trying to maintain currency on 20 websites, 12 of which are in USGW/Archives.

As of now, I  am tendering my resignation from ND Archives, ND Maps, MN Maps, ND Tombstones, AKGenWeb Matunska - Susitna Borough, and MNGenWeb Clay County. I am not abandoning. I will do everything in my power to ensure a smooth turnover.

I am still not sure yet about resigning from ND ASC or rerunning for the AB but time is approaching fast on at least one of them for me to decide.

I am sorry for the problems this may cause but it has been a heavy thought on my mind for some time. There is no question in my mind how much I really love USGenWeb and what it does and how much I thoroughly enjoy the many relationships I've had with some really great people.

I am placing this on the SC Mailing Group in case there might be interest by someone for those websites I am leaving.
With all respect and sincerity,
Mike Peterson

Mary Schwanke

May 31, 2022, 3:03:57 PM5/31/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Feel better soon Mike!

MaryAlice

Doreen Harunaga-Ewing

May 31, 2022, 4:00:46 PM5/31/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Get plenty of rest Mike!

Doreen
Sent from my iPad

Sundee Holliday

May 31, 2022, 4:43:17 PM5/31/22
to state...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike!

I hate to hear all this. I think you have been around since I started volunteering in 1998? I hope you start feeling better, and get lots and lots of rest!!

Sundee

webmaster

May 31, 2022, 9:09:22 PM5/31/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Mike! I'm so sorry - that's awful. Pneumonia is a very serious thing, and depending on the type of pneumonia, the meds can be quite harsh and have some side effects.

I will keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers. Please rest and take excellent care of yourself. Your good health is so important and your USGenWeb friends are in your corner rooting for you!
On May 31, 2022 11:08 AM Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson <line...@cox.net> wrote:

[...]

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb℠ Project