ANNOUNCEMENT: USGenWeb #1 / AncestralFindings Top Free Genealogy Websites

webmaster

Jun 20, 2021, 10:10:24 AM6/20/21
to boa...@googlegroups.com, disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com, usgenw...@googlegroups.com, usgenweb...@googlegroups.com, usgen...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com
A recent podcast from AncestralFindings.com highlights 4 top free Genealogy Websites and WE'RE #1!!

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb Project ®
Free Genealogy for 25 Years

Denise Wells

Jun 20, 2021, 1:10:31 PM6/20/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Fabulous news!  Thanks for sharing this, Linda.

Denise

Denise Wells
AB Representative at Large
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

tngenewhiz

Jun 21, 2021, 10:56:53 AM6/21/21
to State Coordinators
While it's wonderful for USGenWeb to receive the top nod, I almost felt it was tarnished by having FindaGrave listed behind us.  That site has veered so far from its original path since Ancestry purchased it.

I'm off to write to the poster and suggest he adapt future posts to say "American" or something similar.  The profusion of free international on-line research sources is mind-boggling.

tngenewhiz

Jun 21, 2021, 11:25:02 AM6/21/21
to State Coordinators
Well -- I tried to find a link to make a suggestion, but none was apparent on any of the Web site's internal pages or social media.  Therefore, anything connected to that for-profit entity has no value in my estimation.

That is an atrocious way to do business, especially in 2021.

And it's another reason USGenWeb has survived -- real, reachable, helpful people are just a click away.