USKidz Project pages

1 view

Rebecca Maloney

Aug 16, 2021, 1:55:49 PM8/16/21
to State Coordinators
I have recovered the old Rootsweb USGenWeb Kidz Project pages-  I am working at updating them

As the new Special Project Coordinator I found several states referring to this project- it will be great to have it updated and fresh for promoting children to get involved with Genealogy!!

The pages are here:

Nancy_Janyszeski

Aug 17, 2021, 10:13:58 AM8/17/21
to State Coordinators
Good morning - what a great site, thanks

Rebecca Maloney

Aug 17, 2021, 10:20:02 AM8/17/21
to state...@googlegroups.com

Sundee

Aug 17, 2021, 7:34:02 PM8/17/21
to state...@googlegroups.com

This reminded me of Mary Ann Hetrick. I did a look up, and I think this obit is her? Can anyone confirm? I have not heard from her since she was SC of CoGenWeb.

https://www.wkbn.com/my-valley-tributes/blackstone-funeral-home/mary-ann-hetrick-cera-niles-ohio/

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/state-coord/CADh7GBf%3Dk5CUGgqgziPQQ%3DqTCHivqwV84MWpu-RAeoyF0nEJyA%40mail.gmail.com.
--
Junior League of Chattahochee Valley President Elect
Fairfax UMC Adminstrative Assisstant

Denise Wells

Aug 21, 2021, 10:23:03 AM8/21/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Sundee, I'm not sure, but think that it may be her.  She resigned from everything in the Project a while back, including all of her work in OHGenWeb, and I know she had sites in TX and maybe UT.  She had previously advised, if I remember correctly, that she had been diagnosed with a "brain tumor" (?).  And that was at least in the summer of 2020 or maybe 2019 now.

That's about all I know.

Denise

--
Denise Wells
AB Representative at Large

W David Samuelsen

Aug 21, 2021, 10:31:38 AM8/21/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Have anyone tried to contact her daughters to verify? They are listed in the obituary.

David S.

Mary Schwanke

Aug 21, 2021, 8:53:58 PM8/21/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
The last contact I had with her was October 2018, she had 3 counties on UTGenWeb. She never resigned and hadn't responded to roll call since then, so I knew something wasn't right,

According to both her daughters facebook pages, she has passed.

MaryAlice Schwanke

Pat Asher

Aug 22, 2021, 6:53:33 PM8/22/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
MaryAlice, She did resign.

All Project Coordinators now have access to current EC records via their Oversight access, and can view any changes made to membership records for members of their project. Mary Ann Hetrick's membership record shows she was dropped from USGW membership by the EC on 9/16/2019 because a SC for a project to which she belonged notified us that she needed to retire from everything  due to illness.

Speaking as a member of the EC, it would be great if all of you would remember to login and check your project membership lists in Oversight a couple of times a year, note any changes we have made, then enter any updates of which you are aware.

Pat Asher