Phishing invoices

Denise Wells

Dec 19, 2021, 6:47:28 PM12/19/21
to State-Coord@Google
Is anyone else receiving gmails for non-existent Norton billings?  I haven't had Norton for years, but I keep getting fraudulent attempts to bill me for tons of money.  Just wondering if those of you with gmail email addresses are getting those like I am.

Denise Wells
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

Mary Schwanke

Dec 19, 2021, 7:13:54 PM12/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
I am too, but don't use Norton, they now just go to my spam folder, LOL

MaryAlice

David Gochenour

Dec 19, 2021, 7:15:56 PM12/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
I probably have gotten about 50 in the past 2 months. They just get sent to spam.

On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 5:47 PM Denise Wells <ncusg...@gmail.com> wrote:

David Gochenour SC Nebraska  CC Cass County Nebraska CC Arthur County Nebraska CC Middlesex County NJ CC Esmerelda County Nevada CC Lake And Lafayette Florida

Karen De Groote

Dec 19, 2021, 7:41:44 PM12/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Norton and McAfee. Averaging about 6 a week for months now. Spam
button is well used.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/state-coord/CAOdosQ-r52D2Y2fZBckKnJUwr9JjP%2Bp6wZyT24x25GP4EMbChQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Rebecca Maloney

Dec 19, 2021, 8:18:17 PM12/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Everyday! I get multiple ones- I report the spam but do far they still make it to my inbox.  I have never used Norton's with this email address.

It's tiresome.

Rebecca Maloney
www.barkeyheritage.com
Volunteer with USGenWeb

Denise Wells

Dec 19, 2021, 8:34:19 PM12/19/21
to State-Coord@Google
Well, what a pain, but not that it's good, but I'm glad I'm not alone in seeing all of this.  It is a pain, for sure.

Denise Wells
SC NJGenWeb | SC FLGenWeb
ASC MSGenWeb | ASC UTGenWeb

Martha Graham

Dec 19, 2021, 8:38:37 PM12/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it happens to me too.
Here is what I do each time I get one.
I forward the whole thing and add a 'canned' message to this email addy:
sp...@nortonlifelock.com

Here is what I send. Feel free to use or make one up.
////////////////////////////////////////
Hello,
This Just In...
As mentioned in all previous notes, I do not have Norton Products on my PC.
I have never ordered any Norton Software.
Thank you for attempting to stop these scams.

Martha A Graham
Los Osos, CA
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Martha

Michael Alden (Dino) Peterson

Dec 19, 2021, 9:06:59 PM12/19/21
to 22-USGW State Coordinators
Yes I am Denise along with a ton of other phishing/spam stuff. Some of them are pretty dang good at it. I spend about two hours a week cleaning up my six eMail addresses.
Michael Alden Peterson

Jan Cortez

Dec 19, 2021, 9:39:08 PM12/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
I keep getting them as well.  Haven’t used Norton in years.  Keep trashing them as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Doreen Harunaga-Ewing

Dec 20, 2021, 12:39:56 AM12/20/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
I keep getting those annoying messages too.

Doreen
Sent from my iPad

On Dec 19, 2021, at 19:39, Jan Cortez <janac...@charter.net> wrote:

I keep getting them as well.  Haven’t used Norton in years.  Keep trashing them as well.

George Kidder

Dec 20, 2021, 6:05:13 AM12/20/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I've received at least one bill from Norton for $280.00 at my Gmail.
If you look at the return address or ( TO: ) Norton isn't there, I forget what was in the return address, it wasn't Norton.
I had Norton for 1 year about 15 or 20 years ago.
George