ANNOUNCEMENT: USGenWeb Project Service Marks Renewed

webmaster

Jun 12, 2021, 8:21:45 PM6/12/21
to boa...@googlegroups.com, disc...@googlegroups.com, state...@googlegroups.com, usgenw...@googlegroups.com, usgenweb...@googlegroups.com, usgen...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com, usgw...@googlegroups.com
I am very happy to announce that the two USGenWeb Project servicemarks were renewed and are valid for the next 10 years!

It takes a village!

Back in January, I announced that our two servicemarks were due for renewal this year at a cost of $425 each. In turn, I received an outpouring of generous contributions from our members for a total of $1188.64.

Thank you all so very much, on behalf of our Project!

- Shortly before the first servicemark was due, the USPTO raised the cost to $525 per renewal. Due to the generosity of our members, we raised enough money to cover the $200 increase!

- Denise Wells used her superpowers to navigate the USPTO legal process to get the forms filled out, filed, and paid on time. We might still be floundering to get this done without her knowledge, time, and talents!

Summary

Servicemark 3968468, renewal due 3/29/2021, cost $525, paid 3/29/2021, next due 3/29/2031
Servicemark 3936386, renewal due 5/29/2021, cost $525, paid 5/29/2021, next due 5/29/2031

Donations received: $1188.64
3/29/2021 USPTO Renewal: -$525.00
5/29/2021 USPTO Renewal: -$525.00
Surplus: $138.64

All surplus funds will be earmarked for use for upcoming USGenWeb domain and hosting renewals.

Thank you for your support of The USGenWeb Project®

Linda K. Lewis
National Coordinator
The USGenWeb Project ®
Free Genealogy for 25 Years