newspaper search engine

Timothy Stowell

Dec 19, 2022, 4:58:33 PM12/19/22
to State-Coord@Google
In the last couple of weeks I was introduced to a search engine I had not heard of.  So  I tried it by typing in one of my family names - and nothing else.

It is a search of 3.8 million newspapers over time, my search yielded 78,000 hits.  I asked for the sort oldest first which brought up an article from 1799 - which came from a Virginia newspaper.  One can then click on the image to see the actual newspaper.  Results for the surname came mostly from the USA but also Australia and from New Zealand.   One can narrow the search down by decade, location, etc.

Happy Hunting - https://elephind.com/

Tim Stowell

marshab...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2022, 5:32:05 PM12/19/22
to state...@googlegroups.com

WOW!!! Can’t wait to try it!

Marsha Bryant

Cheryl Rothwell

Dec 19, 2022, 5:44:06 PM12/19/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
It's been around quite a while. Like everything else, it depends on what you are looking for how good it is. They continue to add to it.

Doreen Harunaga-Ewing

Dec 19, 2022, 8:07:43 PM12/19/22
to state...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.  Thank you!