Postal history

Timothy Stowell

Feb 19, 2021, 5:14:40 PM2/19/21
to State-Coord@Google
While this is a commercial site - it does have some neat information on postal history per state / per county by following the link at the bottom of the page.  The page itself though is interesting in its own right:

Tim Stowell
MNGenWeb
NYGenWeb

Nancy_Janyszeski

Feb 19, 2021, 6:11:32 PM2/19/21
to State-Coord@Google
Thank you for the site.  Very interesting.  I checked and ours are listed.  I live in a small rural township with a population of 3500 and we have 4 active post offices of the 6 I saw listed.  One at almost each intersection.

del_wi...@comcast.net

Feb 19, 2021, 6:46:33 PM2/19/21
to state...@googlegroups.com

North Carolina has been lucky that there has been a site available for years which was done by North Carolina Postal History Society that contains info and about each of the Counties which they’ve made available as PDFs.

Over the years, they’ve added updates as they find new info any particular county.

Most of our Counties have links to them on their websites .

http://www.ncpostalhistory.com/resources/north-carolina-postmark-catalog-update/

Deloris Williams

NCGenWeb State Coordinator