another research site

Timothy Stowell

Sep 8, 2021, 4:33:58 PM9/8/21
to State-Coord@Google
This came through a feed on my phone today, as a place to check out for genealogy research.

I found it interesting because I got some more info on one of my great-great grandfathers - land records as it were, which was pretty neat.

Tim Stowell

Bill Walsh

Sep 9, 2021, 7:42:21 AM9/9/21
to state...@googlegroups.com
Wikitree is a collaborative site. It makes connections and merges trees together. When matching people are found it requires all the of the different managers of the persons involved to agree that they do match as the same person then the people are merged together. It will eventually make one huge family tree. I've been involved for a long time.

Every week I get an email and it shows what has happened that week as well as some interesting bits. One interesting is how many degrees you are from someone else. Like :

And all the birthdays in your tree for that week.

 “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein