BUG: SVG export misaligns text in notes and text boxes (some MacOS tools only)

Oliver Reinhard

Apr 12, 2024, 3:44:49 AMApr 12
to StarUML
Environment: MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1, StarUML 6.1.0

When exporting diagrams as SVG that contain any of the text annotations, the top of the text is positioned too high up in reference to the bounding boxes.
This makes the diagrams look unprofessional when included in publications … and my work with it :-(

Affected annotation styles:
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 09.20.41.png

StarUML Canvas:
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 09.20.58.png

SVG render (Screenshot from an SVG viewer/editor):
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 09.21.28.png
The problem appears only in some MacOS applications into which I imported the StarUML-generated SVG:
  • Graphic (vector drawing)
  • qView (image viewer)
  • Mellel (text processsor)
  • Affinity Photo (photo editor)
But the SVGs look o.k. when viewed in:
  • MacOS Finder Quick View
  • Chrome
  • Safari
Attachments (as files):
  • StarUML file
  • Exported SVG file

Thanks for taking care of this issue!
--
oliver
StarUML misaligned SVG texts.mdj

StarUML

Apr 12, 2024, 4:03:26 AMApr 12
to StarUML
Hello Oliver,

Thank you for your feedback.

However, this does not appear to be an issue with StarUML. It is the browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) that renders SVGs most accurately. We recommend that you raise the issue with the application that is rendering it differently.

Thanks,
StarUML Team

2024년 4월 12일 금요일 오후 4시 44분 49초 UTC+9에 oliver....@gmail.com님이 작성: