Cannot assign stereotype

Jeff Kanel

Apr 19, 2022, 10:18:52 AM4/19/22
to StarUML
In the current version of StarUml (4.1.6) I am no longer able to assign a Class as an Attribute stereotype (see image attached).

When attempting to assign a stereotype, I search for existing classes.  When selecting the stereotype Class, it gives the following error "Selected element (Policy) is not an instance of UMLStereotype".

The application functionality has changed, as I have been able to do this sort of thing for the past 6 years or so.

Does anyone know what the workaround is?  Is this a bug?  Thanks!

Untitled.png

StarUML

Apr 19, 2022, 11:23:48 PM4/19/22
to StarUML
Hello,

It is not valid to assign a class as a stereotype. I'm not sure how you've done it so far, maybe Element Selector Dialog doesn't filter classes where stereotypes are required.

Please do not use classes where stereotypes are required.

Thank you,

2022년 4월 19일 화요일 오후 11시 18분 52초 UTC+9에 kanel...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Jean Fex

Apr 20, 2022, 6:16:25 AM4/20/22
to StarUML
My understanding is that you mixed up "Stereotype" with "Type". I made the same mistake a few times myself as well as when I saw your message the first time arriving from an oversee trip with a big jetlag ;-)
You can assign any Classifier as the Type of an Attribute such as a Class which is most probably what you had done previously
BTW, to assign a «Stereotype» to an Atribute, you must define it in a Profile as an extension of the «MetaClass» Attribute.
Hopeingthis clear, don't hesitate to ask precisions.