Bug: Strange Window Behavior on macOS

Dirk Fröhling

May 6, 2021, 11:58:59 AM5/6/21
to StarUML
This is what I find on my Mac:
  • Issue Title Windows do not open
  • Environment macOS 11.3, StarUML 4.0.1
  • Action Performed
  1. Open StarUML with double click. An empty window appears with an untitled model.
  2. Close this window.
  3. Select "File" - "New From Template" - "UML Conventional" (or other option like "Data model"). Nothing happens.
  4. Select "About StarUML". Nothing happens.
  5. Select "Open Recent" - <my last file>. Nothing happens.
  6. Select "Debug" - "Show Dev Tools". Nothing happens.
  • Expected Result (How the software should have performed)
It should open the respective windows.
  • Actual Result (How the software actually performed)
Nothing happens
  • Supplements (optional, but strongly required)
    • I can't open Dev Tools when no window is open.
As soon as the app switches from foreground to background and back, a new empty window appears and the menu items work again. But it is very strange that when I select "Open Recent", my file fills the empty window and is not shown as a new, additional window.

Regards
Dirk Fröhling

StarUML

May 7, 2021, 12:24:05 AM5/7/21
to StarUML
Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your feedback. It is a bug with no opened windows. We have posted on our main issue tracking system as a bug.

You can avoid this problem by do not closing the empty window.

Thank you,

2021년 5월 7일 금요일 오전 12시 58분 59초 UTC+9에 dirk.fr...@freenet.de님이 작성:

StarUML

Sep 22, 2021, 11:36:44 PM9/22/21
to StarUML
This issue is now resolved in v4.1.x

Thanks,
StarUML Team

2021년 5월 7일 금요일 오후 1시 24분 5초 UTC+9에 StarUML님이 작성: