Bug: Cannot drop attributes of Subsystems into Diagram View

Collin Hockey

May 16, 2024, 4:19:12 PMMay 16
to StarUML
Hello,

System: macOS 14.5
Version: StarUML 6.1.0

In a component or composite structure diagram, I'm unable to drop attributes of Subsystems from the explorer view on to the graphical subsystem in the diagram view. It pops up the error:

error.png

If it helps, there's a similar discussion around dragging/dropping ports on to Subsystems, which does appear to be resolved in 6.1.0: https://groups.google.com/g/staruml/c/lcD0alpxnBE/m/yz8OzdkSBgAJ

Thanks!

StarUML

May 16, 2024, 8:38:02 PMMay 16
to StarUML
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

In StarUML, Subsystem view element do not support attributes or operation compartment even if you can add attributes and operations to the Subsystem model element. So you cannot drop attributes and operations on the Subsystem view in diagram.

Subsystem is an abstraction of a sub-system of a larger system, and we don't think it's a good idea to represent its detailed attributes in a diagram. Keep it simple.

Thanks,

2024년 5월 17일 금요일 오전 5시 19분 12초 UTC+9에 cjho...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Collin Hockey

May 21, 2024, 12:04:04 PMMay 21
to StarUML
Thanks for the feedback - that makes sense.

What confused me is that I was able to create parts from the Toolbox by placing them on a subsystem in a diagram, but I wasn't able to bring those parts back out of Explorer view. Maybe that's a different issue of validation on what can be brought from the Toolbox into a diagram.

Cheers