Feature Request: In "Find" window (Ctrl+F) provide options to find only Diagrams and/or Models

Vasileios Pothos

Apr 18, 2024, 4:06:17 AMApr 18
to StarUML
Hi,

Recently I had to find by name an old diagram by a very common name I was remembering, and I used Ctrl+F command.
That returned to me a lot of mixed results with diagrams and much much more models / components of diagrams, which made it almost impossible to find the diagram I wanted in the search results list.

Is it possible to provide in Find window also one, two or three additional checkboxes to filter the search results as:
- [ ] Diagrams
- [ ] Models
- [ ] Components (like arrows, etc which may have a name on them).

Or alternatively - or better additionally -  to provide sorting of the search results based on the kind of the item (Diagrams, Models, Components) and where the searched string detected (title/name, or description), like the following order format:

* Diagrams - search string found in title
* Diagrams - search string found in documentation
* Models - search string found in title
* Models - search string found in documentation
* Components - search string found in title
*  Components - search string found in documentation

Thanks.

StarUML

Apr 19, 2024, 12:41:18 AMApr 19
to StarUML
2024년 4월 18일 목요일 오후 5시 6분 17초 UTC+9에 vasileio...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Vasileios Pothos

Apr 19, 2024, 5:43:05 AMApr 19
to StarUML
It again provides mixed results. It doesn't provide the wanted functionality.

And I have the impression that this provides duplicated some the results: One time with gray letters at their gray side (showing parent model), and another time with the diagram icon (showing parent diagram). This confused me a bit.