Does StarUML support collaboration?

Naresh Bhatia

Feb 27, 2024, 12:35:48 AMFeb 27
to StarUML
As far as I can tell, StarUML reads a single .mdj file into memory to display a model. Is there a way to break up a model into a number of sub-models and store them in different files? The parent file would keep references to the sub-model files. When the parent file is opened at a later time, it would read the sub-models from the referenced files and reconstruct the model in memory.

Using this approach, we are still using the entire model in memory, but are breaking it up into smaller files that can be checked into a source repository and be owned by different people. Is this possible.

P.S. I first thought that the import/export feature might work that way, but it does not. Export just exports part of the model, but the parent file still holds it and saves it in its own file.

StarUML

Feb 27, 2024, 7:51:24 PMFeb 27
to StarUML
It does not provide segmentation in the way that the parent file refer to the child sub-model files.

Thanks,

2024년 2월 27일 화요일 오후 2시 35분 48초 UTC+9에 m...@nareshbhatia.dev님이 작성:

Naresh Bhatia

Feb 27, 2024, 9:45:47 PMFeb 27