Does StarUML support implicit binding?

José González Gómez

Jul 15, 2022, 10:44:09 AMJul 15
to StarUML
Hi there,

I'm using some template classes in my model and I'm aware that I can create derived classes using parameter binding with a template binding relationship. But can I create new classes with implicit binding?

For example, if you have a class Template with a parameter T, UML allows you to create a class named Template<String> where the T parameter is implicitly bound to String. Does StarUML support this? When I try to create a new class with a name following this format StarUML doesn't accept the class name.

Thanks in advance, best regards
José

StarUML

Jul 17, 2022, 1:16:10 AMJul 17
to StarUML
Hi José,

You can use "Template Binding" (in "Classes Advanced" toolbox) as shown in the capture below.
1. Create "Template Binding" between the two classes.
2. Double click the "Template Binding" and Add a "Template Parameter Substitution" in QuickEdit.
3. Assign "formal" and "actual" properties of the "Template Parameter Substitution".

스크린샷 2022-07-17 오후 2.12.29.png

Thanks,

2022년 7월 15일 금요일 오후 11시 44분 9초 UTC+9에 jo...@thestokeapp.co님이 작성:

Jean Fex

Jul 18, 2022, 6:37:22 AMJul 18
to StarUML
Hi José,
My understanding is that you simply were not able to create a class named Template<String>. If it's the case, you probably used the class name field in the diagram when you created it. You need to know that this field in the diagram does not accept special characters in StarUML. You have to use the name field in the Properties gray pannel since it accepts special characters. I personnaly find this StarUML constraint too bad.
Best regards,
Jean

José González Gómez

Jul 18, 2022, 8:32:56 AMJul 18
to StarUML
This is exactly what I needed, thanks a lot, Jean!!!