Reverse engineering approach

Naresh Bhatia

Feb 27, 2024, 12:24:03 AMFeb 27
to StarUML
I was wondering what would be a good approach to reverse engineer code into a StarUML class diagram. For example, I could parse a GraphQL schema into an AST (Abstract Syntax Tree). How would I then create a model that I could show as a class diagram in StarUML?

StarUML

Feb 27, 2024, 7:48:56 PMFeb 27
to StarUML
Hello,

You can create an extension that support reverse engineering. You can find some open source example extensions that support reverse engineering for some languages from here: https://github.com/staruml and check the docs (https://docs.staruml.io/developing-extensions/getting-started)

Thank you,
2024년 2월 27일 화요일 오후 2시 24분 3초 UTC+9에 m...@nareshbhatia.dev님이 작성:

Naresh Bhatia

Feb 27, 2024, 9:44:48 PMFeb 27
to StarUML
Thank you. Will take a look.

Naresh Bhatia

Apr 13, 2024, 9:04:34 PMApr 13
to StarUML
Hello,

I have a followup question about reverse engineering. Is it possible to create elements in a model using the CLI (similar to how we can do it in an extension). That way I can simply write a command line application to reverse engineer code into a StarUML model. Seems simpler than writing a whole extension.

Thanks.

StarUML

Apr 14, 2024, 10:55:55 PMApr 14
to StarUML
You can't create elements with the CLI.

2024년 4월 14일 일요일 오전 10시 4분 34초 UTC+9에 m...@nareshbhatia.dev님이 작성:

Naresh Bhatia

Apr 15, 2024, 9:20:36 AMApr 15
to StarUML
Thank you for the information. Time to learn extensions :-)