Reverse Java Project into UML diagram using StarUml 2.5.1

吴名

Nov 30, 2015, 7:34:50 AM11/30/15
to StarUML
I'm trying to use StarUml 2.5.1 to generate UML diagrams according to my Java project, but I met some troubles. Ps: I use StarUml in Windows 7.
Firstly, I've already install Java code generation and reverse engineering.
Secondly, I created a new model and then clicked "tools" menu, "Java" and "Reverse code". It worked well only if I selected a file folder contains a small number of java classes in the showing dialog. However, if I selected the folder contains the source code of my whole Java Project, it didn't respond and finally a crash dialog was shown.
So, I wonder how to use StarUml to Reverse java code to UML diagrams properly. Maybe I should split the whole project into several sub systems? Or I was doing this in a totally wrong way?
Thanks in advance!

StarUML

Nov 30, 2015, 8:46:52 PM11/30/15
to StarUML
Hello,

You're doing well. Reversing too many java sources consumes memory quickly and requires very long time (sometimes, several tens of minutes). Waiting enough times may completes the reversing job even when it looks like stuck. it is failed even if you wait long time enough, we recommend to reverse smaller packages one by one and then move the reversed packages into a model. Actually, this result is different from that of doing at once, but currently no other ways. If you need a complete reverse engineering technology, it is better to find more professional reverse engineering tools.

Thanks,
StarUML Team

2015년 11월 30일 월요일 오후 9시 34분 50초 UTC+9, 吴名 님의 말:

吴名

Nov 30, 2015, 8:52:42 PM11/30/15
to StarUML, sta...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to your answer. I will try out your advice. Thank you!

在 2015年12月1日星期二 UTC+8上午9:46:52,StarUML写道: