Adding realizing class with method in Class Diagram

Joonhoon Lee

Jul 14, 2022, 12:12:42 AMJul 14
to StarUML

Hello,

I'd like to draw class diagram like this:
  <<interface>> Animal
  Animal interface has two methods: doSomething(), eat()
  Dog class is realized with Animal interface

I am drawing like this as a temporary measure with StarUML
Is it right way?
 - Draw 'Dog' class
 - Copy operators of 'Animal' interface
 - Paste operators copied to 'Dog' class

please tell me there is better anbd awesome way in StarUML.

In Enterprise Architect tool, it can be possible. But I want to draw Class Diagram with StarUML because of familiarity.

This is gif file to draw class having interface method with Enterprise Architect:

InterfaceRealize.gif

In StarUML, there is no action. It just makes 'Dog' class.
This is gif file to draw 'Dog' class with StarUML:

StarUML_InterfaceRealize_Fail.gif

This is my way to draw 'Dog' class:
 - Draw 'Dog' class
 - Copy operators of 'Animal' interface
 - Paste operators copied to 'Dog' class

This is gif file to draw 'Dog' class having Animal interface methods:

StarUML_InterfaceRealize_Is_Right.gif
Message has been deleted

StarUML

Jul 14, 2022, 11:22:08 PMJul 14
to StarUML
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately adding inherited methods in subclasses is not supported.

Could you tell me what is your intention? For showing all inherited methods in subclass or need a convenient way to adding override (or implementing) methods?

In the former case, we think it is better not to show it for simplicity. In the latter case, it would be useful for someone to develop an extension that provides that functionality :)

Thanks,
StarUML Team

2022년 7월 14일 목요일 오후 1시 12분 42초 UTC+9에 joonho...@gmail.com님이 작성: