Automatic ERD creation / connection routing from model ?

Myles Dear

Mar 1, 2023, 9:51:09 AM3/1/23
to StarUML
I've just inherited a legacy project I must redesign.
It came with absolutely no design documentation, so I must reverse engineer it.

With a little tweaking (tweak posted to one of the project's issues for posterity), I just got the excellent plugin https://github.com/kkrisz1/staruml-reverse-db.git working and was able to transform the existing database schemas (hundreds of interlinked tables) into what looks to be a reasonably accurate StarUml model.

Before I start doing the manual work of dragging/placing/routing interconnects to produce an entity relationship diagram, is there any automated tool that can handle the placement and routing?  I'd really prefer to automate this, and then manually tweak as required.

Thanks.

StarUML

Mar 1, 2023, 8:56:36 PM3/1/23
to StarUML
Hello,

Unfortunately no feature to generate diagram for ERD. If you have UML class model, you can generate diagrams with "Tools > Diagram Generator > *"  menus.

Thanks,
StarUML Team

2023년 3월 1일 수요일 오후 11시 51분 9초 UTC+9에 smd...@hotmail.com님이 작성: