Email campaign management software?

Mike

May 2, 2007, 4:51:06 AM5/2/07
to StartupSchool
Does anyone have advice/recommendations on best way to accomplish
getting a system set up for sending marketing emails?

Would love to hear whether people have chosen between home grown vs.
open source vs. paid systems for managing email campaigns sent out to
users (both existing and prospective)?

Cheers,
Mike

Mike Hostetler

May 2, 2007, 8:42:54 AM5/2/07
to startu...@googlegroups.com
Hands down I'd recommend Constant Contact. I've spent time rolling my
own and for the price, you really can't beat a service like these
guys. Email marketing is a tricky business with all the spam laws,
and you inherit all of those headaches when you roll your own.

Go with a paid service for something like this so you can spend more
time building something you specialize in. :-)

--
Mike Hostetler
http://www.amountaintop.com

Nate Ritter

May 2, 2007, 11:36:21 AM5/2/07
to startu...@googlegroups.com
I completely agree with Mike on that point.  Constant Contact is great, and so is BlueHornet.

I definitely recommend doing whatever you're best at, and not doing those things that you're not.  It's a specialized skill and requires a full-time person to spend the right amount of time on it.