August Ride, Sat. 14th

Star Touring Portland

Aug 6, 2021, 8:50:05 PMAug 6
to StarTouringPortland
A few details about our meeting and ride next week (Aug 14th).

We will be meeting at my house again. Lanphere's turned their conference room into a stock room, and has no desire to change that any time soon. Suggested we check back with them again in December or after all talk of covid is over.

Our first stop will be Pro-Caliber in Vancouver to meet up with the Vancouver chapter who will be joining us on our ride. Expect to arrive there around 10:30.

I'll post specific route details after the pre-ride this weekend. I forget if anyone volunteered for Tailgunner on this one. If you would like to tailgun and join me on the pre-ride, I plan to leave directly from the chili cookoff tomorrow.

Expect a lunch-stop in The Dalles (anyone have a favorite place? Cousins Restaurant?), then ride to Rowena Crest. I will be calling the ride at Rowena Crest so that riders can choose their own adventure for the ride home. Some key options to consider:
  • Option 1: One of our previous riders (Melissa) now lives up Klickitat Canyon (Hwy 142 from Lyle, WA to Goldendale, WA) and has invited us to visit her place Saturday afternoon. I think most of us have been up Klickitat before and know what an amazing ride that is.
  • Option 2: Ride around Mt. Hood on Hwy 35 to Government Camp before heading back into town on Hwy 26.
  • Option 3: Head back on I-84 but pull off at exit 35 to take the Old Columbia river highway and stop at various gorge scenic areas like multnomah falls, vista house, etc.
  • Option 4: Straight back I-84....perhaps after riding up and down the rowena curves a couple more times. :-P

Enigma & Parc

Aug 8, 2021, 11:14:23 PMAug 8
to StarTouringPortland
Saturday weather appears to be slated for "bloody hot" at this point :(