August Ride

1 view

Star Touring Portland

Jul 30, 2020, 1:53:48 PM7/30/20
to StarTouringPortland
Our August ride through McKenzie Pass is coming up quick on August 8th. Please bring a packed lunch to eat in a park! Since the full ride makes for a very long day, I've added a short and medium option for those who want to peel off early. I need to plan a pre-ride of an appropriate length, so please reply with which length you plan to join us on. As usual, if COVID keeps you at home, that is perfectly okay! Here are the details:

Short Ride (3-hours): 55-miles to Jordan Covered Bridge park in Stayton for a brownbag lunch, then return home (110-miles round trip)

Medium Ride (variable length): Continue after lunch to gas stop in Sweet Home, then either: A) Head West to I-5 or 99W to head back north; or B) continue with the long ride but instead of turning onto Hwy 126, continue on Hwy 20 to Hwy 22, then come back west through Detroit and head north on whichever artery you choose.

Full Ride (11-hours):
Distance: 367-miles
Hours in Saddle: 8
7-Stops:
Gas Stops: 3 (Sweet Home, Sisters, Government Camp)
Rest Stops: 2 (Dee Wright Observatory, Smith Rock)
Lunch Stop: Brown Bag at Jordan Covered Bridge park in Stayton
Dinner Stop: Huckleberry Inn, Government Camp