October Meeting and Ride: This Saturday!

Star Touring Portland

Oct 5, 2021, 2:33:52 PMOct 5
to StarTouringPortland
Good morning! Pre-ride for our coast loop from Carlton to Beaver to Wheeler then home via Hwys 53 and 26 was fun and went smooth. However, there is a detour between Carlton and Beaver. It is on a paved, but technical forest road that is fun, but only if the weather is dry. So, we have three ride plans for this weekend, weather dependent:

Plan A (No or little rain - Pack a Lunch!)
Distance:190
Gas Stops: 1 (plus an optional in Carlton)
Hours in Saddle: 4:30
Lunch Stop: BYO brown-bag picnic on Wheeler Waterfront

Plan B (Low to moderate chance of rain -shorter and easier Hwy 6 6 to Tillamook and indoor lunch @Grumpy's)
Distance: 156
Gas Stops: 1
Hours in Saddle: 3:30

Plan C (Substantial chance of rain)
Local Brunch! (location TBD at meeting via consensus)