Getting started

Scott Murphy

May 26, 2021, 5:05:18 PM5/26/21
to starstarhug
I've been using music21 for my computational music analysis for a while now, but I'd like to give Humdrum a try. I've installed the tools on my Mac and am following documentation for getting started, but I can't seem to get it off the ground. Would someone be willing to hold my hand through takeoff on a Zoom call? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing, but I am more than happy to barter: I've been playing the music-theory gig for a while now, and would gladly provide feedback on a music-theory or music-analysis essay in progress, or something along those lines, in exchange for your time and expertise.

Thanks for considering,

-Scott

===

Scott Murphy (he/him/his)
Professor of Music Theory
University of Kansas
smu...@ku.edu (preferred e-mail address)

Joshua Albrecht

May 27, 2021, 9:52:33 AM5/27/21
to stars...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott-
I'd be happy to hang out with you on Zoom for a bit to try to get Humdrum working. Are you free this morning?
-Josh

This is a message is from the **HUG newgroup.

Scott Murphy

Jun 1, 2021, 12:53:20 PM6/1/21
to stars...@googlegroups.com
Josh, thanks very much for the offer to help! I was out of town for the last few days. Would you have any time in the afternoon (I'm GMT-5) on June 2, or the morning of June 3, or the afternoon of June 7?

-Scott