Ratioscore: Just intonation tool

Craig

May 15, 2021, 5:52:32 PM5/15/21
to starstarhug
Hello **Huggers,

Here is a creative use of Humdrum being used as a compositional tool with just intonation:
I created this tool in collaboration with Julie Zhu who is a DMA candidate in composition at Stanford.  We presented the tool and her composition written with the tool at the TENOR 2021 conference this past week (virtually).   See the About page for a video of the JACK quartet playing her composition, The Answers, as well as the paper and presentation slides for the conference.

The website provides a user interface to convert Ratioscores into MIDI and MP3 files.  These might also be useful for generating timing and pitch stimuli for psychoacoustic experiments.   The command-line program that converts Ratioscores into MIDI files is:

If you are in the neighborhood, Julie's piece, The Answers, will be played next month at WoCo Fest 2021 at The Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda, Maryland (June 5th).

-=+Craig