Job: Music Encoding

Fabian Moss

Feb 21, 2022, 9:19:34 AM2/21/22
to stars...@googlegroups.com, me...@lists.uni-paderborn.de
Hello everyone!

For a music-encoding project we are looking for someone to transcribe 368 examples from historical music theory textbooks to humdrum/**kern. The examples vary in length, ranging between 2 and 20 measures (estimated). We are able to pay 2000,- CHF (Swiss project) for this task. Here are two examples:

facs_66_Music_1614958470717_138.png

facs_23_Music_1614089062057_1227.png

The catch is that we would need the transcriptions rather quickly, ideally by the end of March (but this is negotiable). Preferably, we would like to have a student do the job, so I'd like to ask you to distribute this among your students. But, of course, post-graduates can also apply.

In case you are interested, please reach out to me by February 28, 2022 with a brief, informal description of your music encoding experience, your current status (student, post-graduate) and affiliation.

Best wishes,
FabiaN

Fabian C. Moss
Research Fellow in Cultural Analytics
University of Amsterdam
Faculty of Humanities / Department of Media Studies
Data Science Centre
Room 3.08, BG1
Turfdraagsterpad 9
1012 XT Amsterdam