copy interpretations from another spine?

Claire Arthur

Mar 4, 2020, 2:38:29 PM3/4/20
to starstarhug
Hi huggers,

While I can write a script to do this, I was wondering if there is any built-in optional arguments to any common humdrum or humextra commands that would allow 'cloning' of interpretations into a new spine? For example, if I extract a spine with a key interpretation, and then create a blank spine, it will have the interpretation "padding" but as far as I know there is no option to copy the interpretation from any other spine in the original file. Similarly, if I extract spines, do stuff, assemble copies together, it's possible that some spines have interpretations that are valuable that I would want to keep across all spines (e.g., time signatures, keys).  So basically what I'd be looking for is an argument to `blank` or `assemble` (or something else?) that could optionally copy over local interpretations??

Claire