using **recip instead of **kern with 'gettime' command

Claire Arthur

Jul 2, 2020, 2:40:22 PM7/2/20
to starstarhug
Hi huggers,

I always thought that any humdrum command (and by extenstion, humdrum extra command) would work with EITHER a **kern spine OR a **recip spine, so long as the relevant data was present somewhere.  I have a file with chord data in one spine, and I've created a **recip spine with the rhythm information for the chords. However, when I run gettime on this, the behavior is odd. No matter what MM value I give, it always spits out timing data as if the MM=60. Can anyone spot something I'm doing wrong or otherwise comment on the behavior of gettime? I've tried manipulating the MM, and using seconds as well as millisecond options with no rounding > all give the same output.

The data currently looks (approximately) like this:

**chords            **recip
*key:F              *
*M[4/4]             *M[4/4]
*Verse              *
*MM144              *MM144
F                   4
.                   4
.                   4
.                   4
=                   =
Bb/F                4
.                   4
.                   4
.                   4
==               ==
*-                 *-

Cheers,
Claire

Craig

Jul 2, 2020, 4:00:25 PM7/2/20
to starstarhug
Hi Claire,

You would think so, but it does not seem to be the case for gettime.  I will work on fixing it.  In the meantime, you can change **recip to **kern to make the timing calculations.

Here is an automated way of doing that using sed:

 sed 's/recip/kern/g' input.chords | gettime -a > output.chords

**chords    **kern      **time

*           *           *u=sec

*key:F      *           *

*M[4/4]     *M[4/4]     *