STAR'S END Update 08.15.21

Chuck van Zyl

Aug 13, 2021, 1:21:20 PM8/13/21
to Star'sEndRadio
Although of the "Kosmische Musik" category releases by Brendan Pollard are very much of the air-breathing land world. More than a reckoning with ghosts, his PHRASES AND PROTOCOLS (63'25") captures well the raw edge and interstellar mood of the "Rubycon" era. These three tracks do sound like lost discoveries from 1975 - dug up on Mars - and prove that, like The Universe itself, this territory is still well worth exploring. Its electrical atmosphere is just as strange and absorbing as the original, as is its rare emotional pull. In breathtaking passages of sequencer dexterity and Mellotron command PHRASES AND PROTOCOLS suggests that renewal is always possible. Tempestuous and dramatic, this album expresses itself methodically through weight, momentum and repetition. Where low doom-laden drones pervade, high untamed gestures oppose and reach for new heights. Gleaming tones, floating like secrets in the air, gets moving the gears of our imagination - while the motor machine precision of echoing notes sweeps in a wired energy. The scene created is so chill that in working out with his massive modular synth Pollard seems to barely break a sweat. PHRASES AND PROTOCOLS makes a strong case for this movement of innovation's ongoing relevance. As our modern minds search for peace, it is good to find that all this Spacemusic is asking of us is to align with our inner mysteries. Success in this genre means reaching a different realm, and Pollard's music certainly has an immediate effect on how you feel within your reality. In this masterwork of grand-scale intimacy we find all the charged bliss points of the Berlin-School, and a tender respect - as we continue to look for what lies just beyond the limits.

Please tune in to the 08.15.21 broadcast of STAR'S END Ambient Radio for music from PHRASES AND PROTOCOLS, the recent release by the UK Electronic Musician Brendan Pollard

For more on PHRASES AND PROTOCOLS, please access: http://brendanpollard.bandcamp.com

-

Jason Sloan - live on STAR'S END 08.15.21

Exploring sound, texture and atmosphere, the spacemusic of Jason Sloan is smooth and spacious. It opens up and fills ambient areas with the slow motion of sustaining chords and a gradual metamorphosis of timbre. By adding the elements of rhythm and melody, his cosmic works provide a remarkably deeper examination of the interior landscape.

Please tune in to the 08.15.21 broadcast of STAR'S END for a live-to-air radio concert with Jason Sloan as part of the STAR'S END Space Camp 2021 series:

http://www.starsend.org/spacecamp2021.html

Note: An effort will be made to live stream this on-air radio concert. Please tune in for details, and access:

http://www.youtube.com/chuckvanzyl

-

DJ Kel - 4-5AM Segment Guest Mix

This weekend's 4-5AM segment of 08.15.21 STAR'S END Ambient Radio will feature a custom made music mix by DJ Kel. Please tune in for Scott Kelly's ninth and latest presentation of Star's End music from out of his collection of rare and obscure Space/Ambient albums, singles and downloads.

For more about DJ Kel, please access: http://www.instagram.com/scott_not_astronaut

-

STAR'S END - WXPN's Archived Stream

Beginning with the 10.07.18 edition, an archived stream of each broadcast of STAR'S END will be available through the WXPN website. To listen anytime, please access: http://tinyurl.com/starsendarchive

-

STAR'S END broadcasts every Saturday Night/Sunday Morning from 1:00am til 6:00am (EDST) on:

88.5fm WXPN Philadelphia, PA
88.1fm WXPH Harrisburg, PA
90.5fm WKHS Worton/Baltimore, MD
91.9fm WXPJ Hackettstown, NJ