STAR'S END Update 03.06.22

Star'sEndRadio

Mar 4, 2022, 1:40:40 AM3/4/22
to Star'sEndRadio
On DESCENT (52'35"), Lorenzo Montana goes for a lasting wonderment. An absorbing release, those open to the seduction of Electronic drama will be greatly rewarded. A terrain of scenic contrasts always makes for more interesting travels. But on this DESCENT we may never make a landing, ideally spending the duration of this album traversing the depths of our own imagination. With some sounds submerged in shadow, while others are shining on the surface, slowly circling clouds of harmony produce a fascinating atmosphere. Enigmatic, but with an air of possibility, the mood and emotional momentum transform minute by minute in an ever-evolving manipulation of touch and tone. Where reverberant chords surrender to the horizon, glowing notes flex and fade among forgotten areas of the self. With subtle percussion riffs materializing on his evocative synthesizer textures, Montana produces passages of mystic intrigue. In devouring durations of dusk, the eight tracks advance under their own pulse. Using long building sonic structures and negative space to delineate form, it is possible to find grace somewhere in the minimal twilight of this beautiful work. DESCENT gradually alternates between the dark and intense, and the dense and untrodden, but also inside the gentle and delicate - which acts to open a space where we may submit to the innermost exploration.

Please tune in to the 03.06.22 broadcast of STAR'S END Ambient Radio for music from DESCENT, the new release by Lorenzo Montana

For more on DESCENT, please access: http://www.projekt.com

-

STAR'S END/WXPN Winter 2022 Fundraiser Thanks!

During the broadcast of 20 February 2022 STAR'S END spent the entire night in a fundraising effort. Thanks for staying up, tuning in and doing your part to support public radio! WXPN gave away 133 of the new STAR'S END T-Shirts as Thank-You gifts, which are expected to ship late March/early April. Please stay tuned!

-

STAR'S END - WXPN's Archived Stream

Beginning with the 10.07.18 edition, an archived stream of each broadcast of STAR'S END will be available through the WXPN website. To listen anytime, please access: http://tinyurl.com/starsendarchive

-

STAR'S END broadcasts every Saturday Night/Sunday Morning from 1:00am til 6:00am (EST) on:

88.5fm WXPN Philadelphia, PA
88.1fm WXPH Harrisburg, PA
90.5fm WKHS Worton/Baltimore, MD
91.9fm WXPJ Hackettstown, NJ