STAR'S END Update 02.21.21

Chuck van Zyl

Feb 19, 2021, 2:08:06 AMFeb 19
to Star'sEndRadio
Some music impresses us so deeply on first encounter that it becomes an event in our lives. Such is the STAR'S END experience. For many of us the music presented gains a magical release for our thoughts, and the mix of artists and aesthetics provides a more stimulating way to spend our Saturday nights. In the morning, while we may try to recall our overnight passage, we are left only with the sense of having smuggled out some secret essence of the journey.

Sonic encounters such as these encourage a deeper understanding of ourselves and of others. Bringing you to this place, a musical world beyond ordinary existence and experience, is the purpose of STAR'S END - an undertaking that deserves your support.

In Winter 2021 listeners to Public Radio Station WXPN will again be asked to please pledge their financial support to STAR'S END. Public Radio exists through the support of its listeners, and periodic on-air fundraisers are the most sensible method for WXPN to meet its fiscal goals. On-air fund drives are also a good opportunity for listeners to make themselves known to the programs they frequent.

Throughout its many years of broadcast the most important person in the STAR'S END endeavor has been the listener. Giving to Public Radio was and still continues to be a meaningful gesture. During the broadcast of 21 February 2021 STAR'S END will spend the entire night in a fundraising effort, and is counting on your help. Thanks for staying up, tuning in and either calling in at 1-800-565-WXPN (1-800-565-9976) or going online at http://www.xpn.org to do your part.

...and while making your donation and leaving your Comments, please include: "OK to Read Name On-Air"...

Sincere Thanks to everyone who makes a donation!

-

STAR'S END - WXPN's Archived Stream

Beginning with the 10.07.18 edition, an archived stream of each broadcast of STAR'S END will be available through the WXPN website. To listen anytime, please access: http://tinyurl.com/starsendarchive

-

STAR'S END broadcasts every Saturday Night/Sunday Morning from 1:00am til 6:00am (EST) on:

88.5fm WXPN Philadelphia, PA
88.1fm WXPH Harrisburg, PA
90.5fm WKHS Worton/Baltimore, MD
91.9fm WXPJ Hackettstown, NJ