STAR'S END Update 04.11.21

1 view

Chuck van Zyl

Apr 9, 2021, 2:20:21 AMApr 9
to Star'sEndRadio
Technology is at the service of K Leimer's unique imagination. Ideas and impulses are amplified into albums of ambient disposition, as his realizations reason their way through the air and to our ears. His FOUND OBJECTS (63'51") feels as though we are entering a dream. With its 14 vividly realized reverberant reflections, these elaborate studio concoctions offer a range of thoughts and atmospheres of a character well beyond mere pretty piano music. Well inside, Leimer's hazy harmonic language sinks deeply into laid-back coolness, and connotes a slow-winding, spellbinding Ambient Music. From desolate, darkly, starkly beautiful tracks, to strange vibrational rituals, FOUND OBJECTS evokes a sense of space - while suggesting a light just beyond the horizon. Moving restlessly between smooth, serene keyboard melodies and dark-inspired experiments in mood, the success of Leimer's many textural experiments does not preclude the occasional foray into the realm of the monumental. When the suspense of haunted memories gives way to something more regal, a mellow fanfare signals a noble stance, and the listener moves into sunlight. Defying the mess of drones rumbling beneath his glowing textures, Leimer shoves notes through grainy digital processing. At first chilly in their blankness, they resolve into vivid states of wordless quietude. Yet, a bit of instinctive brooding cannot hide the sparks within these inventions. FOUND OBJECTS offers its blissful, uncertain intensity - in the belief that we may carry some of these conclusions into our everyday life.

Please tune in to the 04.11.21 broadcast of STAR'S END Ambient Radio for music from FOUND OBJECTS, the recent release by K Leimer

For more on FOUND OBJECTS, please access: http://www.palaceoflights.com

-

STAR'S END - WXPN's Archived Stream

Beginning with the 10.07.18 edition, an archived stream of each broadcast of STAR'S END will be available through the WXPN website. To listen anytime, please access: http://tinyurl.com/starsendarchive

-

STAR'S END broadcasts every Saturday Night/Sunday Morning from 1:00am til 6:00am (EST) on:

88.5fm WXPN Philadelphia, PA
88.1fm WXPH Harrisburg, PA
90.5fm WKHS Worton/Baltimore, MD
91.9fm WXPJ Hackettstown, NJ