[Starry Night Coaching] April Newsletter

Shannon Friedman

May 3, 2010, 3:02:29 PM5/3/10
to starry-night-coaching

Welcome to the Starry Night Coaching Newsletter!  Here are April's articles:

How to Silence that Saboteur

We all have this little voice in our head, that tells us we’re not good enough, or we don’t do enough.  Enough of that!!

In coaching speak, we call that voice The Saboteur.  The saboteur comes and sabotages your self confidence.  It handicaps you.  Listening to that voice telling you you’re not good enough makes you play small.

How can you tell that voice to shut up?

One way is to create SMART Goals.  The Coaches Training Institute has a unique definition of SMART Goals:

S = Specific. In order for a goal to be achievable, it needs to be specific.  What exactly do you want to accomplish?

M = Measurable. A goal must be measurable and have a date attached to it; otherwise, how can you know you’ve accomplished it?

A = Accountable. In moving toward a goal, it is useful for you to have a coach such as myself holding you accountable for achieving it.

R = Resonant.  Resonant goals are what move you toward the things that truly bring you fulfillment.  Is the goal something you truly desire?  Will working to achieve it be fully honoring your values?  A good coach can help you find the resonance in your goals, and help you to let go of goals that are not resonant for you.

T = Thrilling.  Goals should be so thrilling — and even scary — that you can’t wait to get started!  Set goals that have you stretch, that will call you forth to new capabilities and power, that push and pull you forward into a bigger life.

When you get specific with the saboteur voice, using techniques like SMART goals, then the saboteur doesn’t have so much power over you.   The saboteur likes to use vague generalizations to bring you down, so when you come back with something concrete and measurable, you can stand up to it.

Time Tested and Scientifically Approved Self Help

You Can Recover from Crisis

Thanks for reading!  This month's special offer is to try 3 sample sessions at no cost!  Please pass it along!  You can contact me by email at sha...@starrynightcoaching.com, or by phone at 415.710.4402.