Staroffice 5.2: search for paragraph + replace with linefeed?

Joerg Hohn

Aug 16, 2002, 2:26:17 PM8/16/02
Henriette Kress wrote:

> I put paragraph ($) in the search field, and line feed (\n) in the replace
> field, and Staroffice happily tells me it's replaced all 4672 instances
> found in the document, but what it has in fact done is replace paragraph
> with paragraph. It's important, because in .html, paragraph forwards two
> lines while line feed forwards one.

a $ in html is just shown in the page
also \n is shown in the page (there is no line feed in html specification)
a paragraph element in html is <p>something</p>
a break (new line) element in html is <br>

even 100 'line forwardings') is part of the html user agent (Browser), an
html author has no possibility to affect this behavior.

and by the way: this group is called alt.os.linux.suse, not
staroffice.com.support.<something> and maybe there is someone who can help
you.

xpost&fup2staroffice.com.support.starwriter-web
--
Think of your family tonight. Try to crawl home after the computer
crashes.