need help with Sun's Star Office

kim shapiro

Nov 29, 2004, 7:57:56 PM11/29/04
need help with Sun's Star Office

I bought my 9 year daughter a Compaq Windows XP based PC but it did
not come with MS Word etc.

I am wondering if StarOffice will work well (like MS windows) on her
PC. StarOffice is a lot less than MS Word.

I am NOT technical so if it is going to be a lot of trouble for
someone like pls let me know. is it easy to install and run ?

Is there a place where I can download it for FREE or a small price.

If not, Maybe i could find a version of it on eBay.

Can anyone pls let me know.

Thanks
Kim

Metavalent

Dec 25, 2004, 12:59:54 AM12/25/04
to kimsha...@yahoo.com
Sun released the code to open source community. You want Open Office.
Free download at www.OpenOffice.Org