Setup with response files

1 view

Robert

Jul 20, 2004, 9:59:31 AM7/20/04

I've managed to write down a response file in order to get workstation
silent installs, so running: setup -r:response.txt works fine and the
user gets a working OO installation.

The point is that, if for instance, the directory where the user
choosed to install OO dissapear, when he starts OO the Setup process
starts in order to have OO installed again. The problem is that this
Setup don't uses the -r flag.

Anyone knows how to configure OO in order to run ever setup -r ?

Thanks

Florent Manens

Jul 27, 2004, 4:14:08 AM7/27/04
Robert wrote:
> The point is that, if for instance, the directory where the user
> choosed to install OO dissapear, when he starts OO the Setup process
> starts in order to have OO installed again. The problem is that this
> Setup don't uses the -r flag.

Since OpenOffice 1.1.1, you can install whith "-alluser" (see the doc, there
is one in french here :
http://fr.openoffice.org/Documentation/How-to/General/09Install_OOo_0.92fr.sxw )

You can also create a batch with response file for workstation install.

--
Florent Manens
http://www.starxpert.fr