SO7 PU8 not installable

Hans Werner Strube, strube&physik3*gwdg*de

Jan 24, 2007, 5:06:54 AM1/24/07
Under Windows XP SP2 with a "network" installation of StarOffice 7, I tried
in vain to install Product Update 8 (Patch 116520-11). The usual parameters
-patch C:\Programme\StarOffice7
(German Windows) had no effect; with or without these, a window popped up
for manual selection of the installation folder. After selection, the
installation components seemed to be unpacked, but then nothing happened
any further! There was no error message, not even in the system log files.
My previous patch level was Update 5 (116520-07). All previous patches
could be installed without any problems.
What is the matter? What can I do?

--

Hans Werner Strube strube(@)physik3(.)gwdg(.)de
Drittes Physikalisches Institut, Univ. Goettingen

Hans Werner Strube, strube&physik3*gwdg*de

Jan 26, 2007, 11:18:14 AM1/26/07
Hans Werner Strube, strube&physik3*gwdg*de <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Under Windows XP SP2 with a "network" installation of StarOffice 7, I tried
> in vain to install Product Update 8 (Patch 116520-11). The usual parameters
> -patch C:\Programme\StarOffice7
> (German Windows) had no effect; with or without these, a window popped up
> for manual selection of the installation folder. After selection, the
> installation components seemed to be unpacked, but then nothing happened
> any further! There was no error message, not even in the system log files.
> My previous patch level was Update 5 (116520-07). All previous patches
> could be installed without any problems.
> What is the matter? What can I do?

Sorry, the update installer so-7-pp8-bin-windows.exe was damaged during
intermediate storage on a flash disk.