Install problem

jona

Jul 17, 2003, 6:54:54 AM7/17/03
Hi all,

I get the following installing Sun StarOffice6:

"problem unpacking mozruntime.zip. Probably not enough
disk space" When I hit 'retry' the install continues till I get
"problem with ucpfile1.dll, probably not enough disk space".
Again, hitting retry continues the install. Finally I get a winXP
problem encountered error message after which the install
breaks off. For what it's worth I have the appcompat.txt
file for reference, but trying to isolate the problem from that
file could be tedious - even assuming one would know where
to look.

Further possibly helpful info is that I tried to install on both
a Win98 and XP machines with the same results. When I
reboot the machine it wants to repair or complete the
installation with an empty dialogue box where the only
option is to cancel. I also cannot uninstall whatever has been
installed. Further, upon installing I'm informed that Java runtime
is not detected and thusly installation continued.

This probably is a standard problem, so pointers to the right
URL would be helpful.

Thanks for any help
Jona

Nils Homp - Sun StarNews Support

Jul 22, 2003, 7:29:06 AM7/22/03
Hi Jona,

please start Windows in the Safe Mode (Windows "Start" dialog – [F8] key
– "Safe Mode") and launch the StarOffice setup.

If its still not possible to install StarOffice, we will require
information from the log file "setup.log" in the directory
"staroffice6.0\program".

Regards,

Nils Homp
Sun StarNews Support

--
All responses posted to this newsgroup are provided without guarantees
as to the suitability of their use. Although we believe the solutions or

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail address if you wish to
continue further dicussion of this matter, as you will only receive an
automatic response from our system. Instead, please reply to the message
itself so further assistance can be provided via the newsgroup.
Alternatively, you are welcome to have a look at our website for further
information regarding our support services, which is available at
http://www.sun.com/star/support

jona

Jul 27, 2003, 5:28:49 AM7/27/03

"Nils Homp - Sun StarNews Support" <starnews-s...@sun.com> wrote in
message news:bfj7bh$b50$1...@starnews.sun.com...
> Hi Jona,
>
> please start Windows in the Safe Mode (Windows "Start" dialog - [F8] key
> - "Safe Mode") and launch the StarOffice setup.

> If its still not possible to install StarOffice, we will require
> information from the log file "setup.log" in the directory
> "staroffice6.0\program".
>
> Regards,
> Nils Homp
> Sun StarNews Support

Thanks Nils, but no, that still didn't work. I'll gladly email the
setup log file but I need to know to whom.

I'm situated in Namibia which further complicates matters in
that an international telephone call is out of the question. At that
sort of expense I may as well walk into the next computer shop
and purchase the most expensive office suite they have on the
shelf (if any) - just to see whether it's any good.

Thanks for your help so far
Kind regards
Jona.