Collision Based Question

Sherry Green

Apr 7, 2016, 9:30:13 PM4/7/16
to StarLogo TNG
I'm using TNG to simulate regulatory hormone feedback. So I have one agent release  "hormone A" and I want to make a different "hormone B" collide with that agent to stop the release of "hormone A"

The collision boxes in TNG only allow two breeds to set a collision code but I need to interact 3 breeds instead of 2.

Please give me direction on how to accomplish this.

Cristián Rizzi Iribarren

Apr 8, 2016, 9:38:59 AM4/8/16
to starlo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sherry,
I'm not sure to really understand your question but if you have an agent "gland X" that produces agent "hormone A" and agent "hormone B", you can define a trait of "gland X" that can regulate the production (creation) of "hormone A" agents when agent "hormone B" collides with agent "gland X".
I tried it and worked for me. I created a trait named "prodha" which enables the production of hormone A if its value is 1.
You can check my solution at: http://www.slnova.org/rizzic/projects/258971/
Hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Cristián