two spacelands

Creighton Edington

Feb 11, 2018, 11:02:39 PM2/11/18
to StarLogo TNG
I am trying to use SLTNG 1.5 on several computers.  I have used it for years in the past, and I am wanting to use it for a few students (I don't like Nova - and don't have browser access for these students).  Anyway, there are two spacelands in spaceland.  I have deleted them reinstalled it, downloaded and reinstalled a coule of time.  I don't think the issue is a bad download or bad install.  My only thought is that the newer versions of Java are creating this issue.  Any ideas?
Thanks.
Creighton

Daniel Wendel

Feb 12, 2018, 10:37:37 AM2/12/18
to starlo...@googlegroups.com
Could you send a screen shot (or even just a photo) of what you're seeing? Does anything "work", or do you just see two green squares and nothing responds to blocks or mouse clicks?

It is quite possible that it's a Java issue, but it also may be a graphics driver issue. Sometimes going to the manufacturer of the graphics card (e.g. Intel, AMD, Nvidia) and getting their driver directly solves the issue, if the driver you're using came instead from the computer vendor (e.g. Dell, etc.).

Best,
--Daniel (StarLogo TNG/Nova lead developer)

p.s. I have to ask - is there anything in particular about Nova that you don't like, or that you miss from TNG? We're still actively developing it, so there my be an opportunity to incorporate your feedback.