Say Block

sheethal jacob

Aug 27, 2016, 2:10:38 PM8/27/16
to StarLogo TNG
Hey!

I know I can use the say block to make the agent say something, but is there any way I can make a narrative or a whole conversation at once?

For example, I'd like one of my agents to say "Game Over" and "You've set the new high score!"/"Try again" when my agent collides with another.

Thanks!

Cristián Rizzi Iribarren

Aug 28, 2016, 10:08:35 AM8/28/16
to starlo...@googlegroups.com

You can use the "label" widget

sheethal jacob

Aug 29, 2016, 5:32:00 AM8/29/16
to StarLogo TNG
I'm sorry, I didn't get it?

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 7:38:35 PM UTC+5:30, CristiánRizzi wrote:

You can use the "label" widget

El 27/08/2016 15:10, "sheethal jacob" <sheetha...@gmail.com> escribió:
Hey!

I know I can use the say block to make the agent say something, but is there any way I can make a narrative or a whole conversation at once?

For example, I'd like one of my agents to say "Game Over" and "You've set the new high score!"/"Try again" when my agent collides with another.

Thanks!

Cristián Rizzi Iribarren

Aug 29, 2016, 6:24:25 AM8/29/16
to starlo...@googlegroups.com
First you have to go to 'Edit widgets' and create a new widget and named it whatever you want, let say LABEL1.
Once you create the widget it will be a button with the legend 'Edit me'. You have to click on the "button" (your label) and type the text you want to display, ley say: GAME OVER (replacing the 'edit me' text).
After that you can use the following blocks to hide and show your label depending on the conditions that you establish (e.g., reaching a certain amount of points, time, etc.): hide, show, ____ label, and set___ label to ___, to (under the interface drawer).
Hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Cristián

sheethal jacob

Aug 29, 2016, 11:39:24 AM8/29/16
to StarLogo TNG
I'm using TNG, not Nova. Thank you! That helps :)

Cristián Rizzi Iribarren

Aug 29, 2016, 3:34:23 PM8/29/16
to starlo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I'm sorry Shethall, I don't use TNG anymore :-(
If you don't have connectivity issues, I would recommend you moving to NOVA.
NOVA programming is easier than TNG, with less commands involved and a cleaner interface.
In the beginning you may miss some features of TNG but in the end you will more comfortable with NOVA.
Regards,

Cristián

sheethal jacob

Aug 30, 2016, 1:28:08 PM8/30/16
to StarLogo TNG
Oh, thing is I already started a project in this. Next project I'll start :)

Goochy

Aug 30, 2016, 3:17:14 PM8/30/16
to StarLogo TNG
G'day Sheethal

I could assist perhaps as I prefer SLTNG over Nova.

IS it you want the Say bubble to display with many lines in the one bubble? or a different piece of text replacing the same bubble?

Cheers, Steve

sheethal jacob

Aug 30, 2016, 8:42:28 PM8/30/16
to StarLogo TNG
Hi Steve!

I'd like it to say different piece of text, in the same bubble. More like a conversation, where sentences appear one after another.

Thanks!

Goochy

Sep 2, 2016, 9:52:40 PM9/2/16
to StarLogo TNG
G'day,
That would require a change in the java code which is doable i think but would take time to get around to it.